Social Housing Recruitment have a new and exciting opportunity for an Adaptations Surveyor to work with a high performing Housing Association in the Social Housing sector. The organisation we are partnering with are one of the leading organisations providing accommodation for those with support needs covering the UK. With ambitious plans, this is an exciting time to join the organisation.
The successful Adaptations Surveyor main purpose will be to provide advice to the HIA’s clients about proposed adaptations, prepare specifications and technical drawings for adaptation works and arrange estimates for work from the HIA’s contractors.
Adaptations Surveyor Responsibilities include:
- Preparing specifications and technical drawings for adaptation works and arranging estimates
- Monitoring work on site and carrying out post completion inspections to ensure works are completed to a high standard
- Visiting clients carrying out surveys about adaptations and building defects
- Carrying out risk assessments about CDM regulations and to ensure all health and safety risks are identified and appropriate mitigation measures are put in place
- Preparing technical drawings (using AutoCad) and detailed specifications for building works
The successful Adaptations Surveyor must possess:
- Relevant qualifications in Building Maintenance/Surveying or similar
- Extensive practical experience of using AutoCad to prepare detailed technical drawings
- Knowledge of building regulations, planning requirements, CDM regulations and health and safety regulations
- Experience of delivering adaptations for disabled people gained through work with a home improvement agency or other housing agency
- Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of the needs of disabled people
In return, the successful candidate will receive a salary up to £35,000 on top of this you will receive a fantastic benefits package including excellent annual leave allowance and flexible working opportunities, pension scheme, learning and development opportunities, interest-free season ticket loan. This is an urgent requirement and we have interview availability over the coming 2 weeks.
This is an urgent requirement and we have interview availability over the coming 2 weeks.
To ensure you don’t miss out on this exciting Surveyor position in Social Housing, please reply to us today to express your interest today.