Building Surveyor- £28,000 + Benefits Package – Sheffield – 2 years FTC
Social Housing Recruitment have a new and exciting opportunity for a Building Surveyor to work with a high performing Housing Association in the Social Housing sector. The organisation we are partnering with are a small yet growing housing association with an amazing future who provide quality affordable homes for rent and shared ownership in Sheffield.
The successful Building Surveyor will be responsible for supporting the effective delivery of a reinvestment programme ensuring the aims and strategy of the housing association is delivered efficiently. This position will be reporting into the Head of Asset to identify and mitigate risks to the business including delivery of services provided by third parties.
Building Surveyor responsibilities include:
- Liaising with external contractors making sure the work carried out is cost viable and up to standard
- Carrying out stock conditioning surveys, pre and post-inspections and raising any remedial work orders with deadlines implemented
- Assisting with financial planning, monitoring, budget setting and Value for Money
- Monitoring and preventing service delivery and contractor performance.
The successful Building Surveyor must possess:
- Proven experience of preparing, monitoring and managing contract works from minor contracts to complex contracts
- Experience of delivering high quality property/building maintenance services within a housing environment.
- Experience of stock condition and inspections in Social Housing environment
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines and targets
- Access to their own private vehicle
In return, the successful candidate will receive a salary of £28,000 on top of this you will receive a fantastic benefits package including 28 days’ annual leave plus bank holiday, a generous pension scheme and a healthcare plan. This is an urgent requirement and we have interview availability on Friday the 10th of May.
To ensure you don’t miss out on this exciting Surveyor position in Social Housing, please reply to us today to express your interest today.