Building Surveyor – near Swanley, Kent – up to £51,000 + £1,300 Car Allowance - Perm
We have an amazing, new opportunity as a Building Surveyor working with a large, forward thinking, innovative organisation. The organisation who, manage homes across London and the Southeast, are looking for a skilled building surveyor, they would be part of the Technical Services Building Surveying Team. With direction from the Surveying Manager the successful Building Surveyor will manage a team of Building Surveyors in the Trust’s fire management team, with a team of consultants. The successful applicants role will include a range of improvement works, including retro fit projects on fire related remedial works.
Projects will include a full range of fire precaution works, including any works required to the cladding which will be specified in consultation with the CH&S team. This team has been created to assist the trust’s response to the DCLG requirement to identify, manage and address risks associated with Aluminium Composite Cladding (ACM) to blocks of flats.
Building Surveyor responsibilities include:
- Leading and managing in customer service/ values, manage a team of surveyors undertaking the evaluation of ACM and other cladding systems
- Managing the evaluation process of ACM cladding to blocks identified by the Trust
- Ensuring delivery of the Trust’s objectives by working collaboratively with all Trust teams specifically Housing Services, Direct Maintenance, Technical Services Teams, Legal and Development.
- Working with a variety of stakeholders and partners specifically, Local Authority building control, planners, NHBC, In-House and external Legal team, Contractors, Loss Adjusters, Consultant/ Engineers, residents.
The successful candidate will possess:
- A Professional qualification of either full MRICS or MCIOB
- Strong customer focus and utilisation of customer service skills
- The ability to analyse, interpret and deliver detailed information including report writing skills
- A good understanding of contract law and health and safety legislation, with reference to CDM
- Excellent building surveying skills, relation to building defects, construction forms and fire protection
In return, the successful candidate will receive a salary of up to £51k - plus £1,300 Essential Car Allowance. This is an urgent requirement and we have immediate interview availability over the coming week. To ensure you don’t miss out on this exciting Building Surveyor position, please reply to us today to express your interest.