Building Surveyor – £37,000 - £40,000 + Car Allowance
Social Housing Recruitment have a new and exciting opportunity for a Building Surveyor to work with a high performing Housing Association in the Social Housing sector. The organisation we are partnering with are one of the leading organisations providing accommodation for those with support needs covering the UK. With ambitious plans, this is an exciting time to join the organisation being part of the transition from a smaller organic organisation whilst keeping the ingredients of
The successful Building Surveyor will report into the Head of Maintenance, will hold a focal role in the business as the only employed surveyor. You will have responsibility of a team of maintenance operatives so, being able to motivate and lead is an important part of the role. In addition to this, the successful Building Surveyor will need to have extensive experience of dealing with external contractors making sure the work is cost viable and up to standard.
This is a fantastic chance to progress your career whilst having a focal impact on the organisation. Our client is keen to get someone on board that can hit the ground running and be able to liaise with senior members of the organisation.
Building Surveyor Responsibilities include:
- Undertaking Stock Condition Surveys on Owned and Leased dwellings and inputting data via handheld computer
- Liaising with external contractors making sure the work carried out is cost viable and up to standard
- Carrying out pre and post-inspections and raising any remedial work orders with deadlines implemented
- Inspecting aspects of compliance making sure each project is aligned with company procedures and legislation
- Playing a focal role in the business taking responsibility for a small team of Maintenance Operatives
The successful Building Surveyor must possess:
- A minimum of HNC / HND or above
- Extensive knowledge of building maintenance and diagnostic techniques
- An understanding of H&S legislation
- Experience of the Social Housing sector
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines and targets
- Access to their own private vehicle
In return, the successful candidate will receive a salary of £40,000 on top of this you will receive a fantastic benefits package including £1.8k car allowance and expenses paid up to 45p per mile. This is an urgent requirement and we have interview availability over the coming 2 weeks.
To ensure you don’t miss out on this exciting Surveyor position in Social Housing, please reply to us today to express your interest today.