Building Surveyor – £34-£36k + £1,476 Essential Car Allowance – Hadleigh
We have a brilliant new opportunity for a Building Surveyor working with an exciting, culture driven, organisation in the Social Housing Sector. The successful Building Surveyor will work as part of a wider team consisting of senior surveyors, surveyors and admin support staff. An organisation that is breaking the mould in terms of employee satisfaction, and a huge input on continual professional development; demonstrated by junior surveyors currently completing their APC whilst in the role.
Reporting into the Head of Property Services and a key part of the Surveying team, the successful Building Surveyor will take on a role with variety, and well-rounded responsibilities. This will include managing of housing stock including VOIDS, planned works, diagnostics, repairs and maintenance. The property type will be housing stock and relevant issues you will face will include kitchen, bathrooms, external decking, asbestos, cladding, stock condition and knowledge of HHSRS standards is crucial.
Building Surveyor responsibilities include:
- 70% of your time out at site, you will be expected to conduct thorough surveys relating to VOIDS, and existing Housing Stock in the area
- Ensuring residents receive a high quality, customer focused responsive repairs, cyclical, responsive and planned works service
- Contribute effectively to the resolution of customer concerns, complaints and enquiries
- Carrying out pre and post-inspections to identify defects and future investment requirements as well as ensuring quality and cost value of projects
- Following Health and Safety policies and procedures to ensure safety of you and of course customers
The successful Building Surveyor will possess:
- HNC in surveying or related field
- 5+ years’ experience of Building Surveying with a Housing Association or Local Authority
- In depth experience of Surveying VOID properties
- In depth understanding of HHSRS Standards
- A high level of customer care and focus
- A private car for travel and a full clean driving licence
- A positive dimena and a team player willing to commit to the job at hand including rotated out of hours work
In return, the successful candidate will receive a salary of between £34k and £36k including a generous £1,476 car allowance. This is an urgent requirement and we have interview availability over the coming weeks.
To ensure you don’t miss out on this exciting Building Surveyor position in Social Housing, please send your CV and give me (Harry Harding) a call on 01252 954 956
I look forward to your call!