Building Surveyor - £38,000 - £41,000 + £1,300 Car Allowance – London
Social Housing Recruitment have a new and exciting opportunity for a Building Surveyor to work with a high performing Housing Association in the Social Housing sector. The organisation we are partnering with are one of the leading organisations providing accommodation for those with support needs covering the UK.
The successful Building Surveyor will report into the Maintenance Manager to support their direct maintenance division, providing high levels of technical support to the team. In addition to this, the successful Building Surveyor will need to have extensive experience of building surveying skills and knowledge of construction methods, dealing with external contractors making sure the work is cost viable and up to standard.
This is a fantastic chance to progress your career whilst having a focal impact on the organisation. Our client is keen to get someone on board that can hit the ground running and be able to liaise with senior members of the organisation.
Building Surveyor Responsibilities include:
- Liaising with external contractors making sure the work carried out is cost viable and up to standard.
- Carrying out pre and post-inspections and raising any remedial work orders with deadlines implemented.
- Inspecting aspects of compliance making sure each project is aligned with company procedures and legislation.
- Monitoring and preventing Fraud, service delivery and contractor performance.
The successful Building Surveyor must possess:
- Extensive experience of building surveying skills and knowledge of construction methods.
- Understanding of contract law.
- Knowledge of standard form contracts and disrepair cases.
- Extensive knowledge of building maintenance and diagnostic techniques.
- An understanding of H&S legislation.
- Experience of the Social Housing sector.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines and targets.
- Access to their own private vehicle.
In return, the successful candidate will receive a salary of £38,000 - £41,000 and on top of this will receive a fantastic benefits package including £1,300 car allowance, expenses paid up to 45p per mile, pensions scheme, healthcare cash plan, life insurance and a strong focus on training and development. This is an urgent requirement and we have interview availability the week commencing 25th of February.
To ensure you don’t miss out on this exciting Surveyor position in Social Housing, please reply to us today to express your interest.