Building Surveyor – Nationwide, London – £50,000 - £60,000 + package
We have an amazing, new opportunity as a Building Surveyor working with a forward thinking, innovative organisation in the supported living sector. The organisation who, specialise in commercial projects across England, have a new position, due to their growth, acting as a liaise between client, contractor, local authorities, surveyors etc. The successful Building Surveyor will be a gifted communicator, have a thorough technical knowledge as well as strong negotiation and presentation skills, and able to work to deadlines sufficiently and accurately.
With direction from the Director the successful Building Surveyor will have exposure to the full range of development responsibilities. As Building Surveyor, you will advise on the restoration, maintenance and development of a range of build types including supported living. thorough technical knowledge as well as strong negotiation and presentation skills.
Building Surveyor responsibilities include:
- Determining the condition of existing buildings, identifying defects, and proposing repair strategies, liaising with external surveyors
- Accurately assessing risks and opportunities in acquisition and suitability of new sites for development
- Being able to assess condition of existing buildings quickly, prior to purchase and Identifying refurb / development challenges and opportunities for new builds considering planning constraints.
- Driving the construction tender process, preparation of employee requirements and structuring of JCT contracts within, usually tight time frames.
- Prepare the delivery cost for development appraisal, must be able to comment and validate costs provided by external QS consultants
The successful candidate will possess:
- A good level of IT skills including, Microsoft office and MS Projects
- A high level of communication skills
- The ability to read, understand, assess and challenge all aspects of delivery and construction process
- Specialist in the supported living sector or Social Housing
- Full UK driving license and a means of transport
In return, the successful candidate will receive a salary of between £50k - £60k plus benefits package. This is an urgent requirement and we have immediate interview availability over the coming week. To ensure you don’t miss out on this exciting Building Surveyor position, please reply to us today to express your interest.