Chartered Building Surveyor – £37,000 + Package – Plymouth
Social Housing Recruitment have a new and exciting opportunity for a Chartered Building Surveyor to work with a high performing Housing Association in the Social Housing sector. The organisation we are partnering with are one of the leading organisations providing accommodation for those with support needs covering the local area. With ambitious plans, this is an exciting time to join the organisation that cover a beautiful and vibrant part of the south west.
The successful Chartered Building Surveyor will report into the Senior Asset Surveyor working in the development of planned maintenance programmes. Working in the regeneration team, you will have the chance to mentor graduate surveyors so, being able to motivate and lead is an important part of the role. In addition to this, the successful Chartered Building Surveyor will need to have extensive experience of building construction so that they can effectively provide analysis of defects, and report on the risks from failures in building fabric.
Chartered Building Surveyor Responsibilities include:
- Managing the procurement of inspections taken by others and provide the most effective advice in relation to these surveys.
- Liaising with external contractors and third-party consultant making sure the work carried out is cost viable and up to standard.
- Carrying out pre and post-inspections and raising any remedial work orders with deadlines implemented.
- Managing the design and specification of a building project from outline proposals to the completion of the tender process through to the post construction sign off and inspection.
The successful Chartered Building Surveyor must possess:
- Hold a full membership to a chartered body e.g. RICs.
- Extensive knowledge of building maintenance and diagnostic techniques.
- An understanding of H&S legislation.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines and targets.
- Access to their own private vehicle.
In return, the successful candidate will receive a salary of £37,000 on top of this you will receive a fantastic benefits package including 25 days annual leave rising with service to 30, an opportunity for a maximum of 13 additional days flexible leave and CPD. This is an urgent requirement and we have interview availability over the coming 2 weeks.
To ensure you don’t miss out on this exciting Chartered Building Surveyor position in Social Housing, please reply to us today to express your interest on 02037622793 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.