Development Manager – Kent – £56,000 + package – Permanent – Social Housing
We have a specialist and exciting new opportunity as a Development Manager working with a renowned, progressive and ambitious Housing Association. The successful Development Manager will be part of a family feel team where they will hold basic but, varied Development responsibilities working in a close-knit team with the ability to play a focal role in the organisation, impacting many aspects of development and the future growth of the business.
With direction from the Head of Development the successful Development Manager will work with the delivery team including, 3 Development Managers, 2 Project Managers, a Defect Manager and a Clerk of Works. The main purpose of the role would be to generate new business and deliver a range of building projects.
Development Manager responsibilities include:
- Cultivating relationships with significant external and internal key stakeholders, appraising potential schemes and negotiating funding.
- Liaising closely with the wider team including senior management and the board.
- Contributing to the development team’s income generation stream.
- Identifying and managing risks, escalating concerns, to ensure problems are resolved in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Providing accurate and detailed reports to ease decision making.
- Maximizing technology and systems use to work effectively, including administering HCA investment Management System.
- Undertake line management of a project manager or quality inspector.
The successful candidate will possess:
- The ability to generate new business opportunities, exploring different forms of income generation.
- In depth experience of development roles within the Social Housing Sector, ideally at least 3-5 years’ experience.
- Detailed working knowledge of the Housing Development process.
- Proven Negotiating and influencing skills and the ability to communicate to a variety of people.
- Educated to degree level would be a preference or a relevant qualification in construction or housing. Or equivalent experience.
- Valid Driving license and use of private vehicles.
In return, the successful candidate will receive a salary of between £56,000 plus a generous benefits package including, 10% matched pension scheme and 25 days annual leave increasing to 30 with time served.
This is an urgent requirement and we have immediate interview availability over the coming days. To ensure you don’t miss out on this fantsatic Development Manager position, please reply to us today to express your interest.