Development Manager – £50,000 + 10% car allowance – Oxfordshire
Social Housing Recruitment have a new and exciting opportunity for a Development Manager to work with a high performing Housing Association in the Social Housing sector. The organisation we are partnering with are a successful, award winning, community-based housing association.
The successful Development Manager will need to have extensive experience of managing a portfolio of projects from inception to completion and assessing new business opportunities.
This is a fantastic chance to progress your career whilst having a focal impact on the organisation. Our client is keen to get someone on board that can hit the ground running and be able to assist the Head of Development in delivering the development programme.
Why this is a great opportunity?
- The chance to join an award-winning housing association who have won several awards over the years.
- The role has direct access to all key stakeholders within the organisation, reporting directly into the Head of Development.
- You will be part of an ambition’s development pipeline with a stable, financially resourced and dynamic Property and Development team working on various projects at different stages.
- One of the best benefits packages within the social housing sector with 28 days annual leave rising to 30 with service plus bank holiday, car allowance, performance related pay and much more.
Development Manager Responsibilities include:
- Managing and controlling project budgets
- Working collaboratively with external partners and set up joint ventures and other formal partnership structures to deliver aligned interests and objectives
- Identifying and appraising development opportunities
- Developing plans with consultants and developers and undertake financial and risk appraisals
- Liaising with Finance and Resources in order to ensure that loan advances and claims are made at the appropriate time.
The successful Development Manager must possess:
- A full driving licence and access to a suitable vehicle
- An understanding of social housing, preferably with knowledge of HCA standards and procedures.
- Experience of procuring consultants, contractors, developers and operating various contractual models such as Design & Build, Partnerships and Joint Ventures
- A degree or professional qualification in an appropriate subject such as housing, building, architecture, surveying or planning
In return, the successful candidate will receive a salary up to £50,000 on top of this you will receive a fantastic benefits package including excellent annual leave allowance up to 28 days rising to 30 days with service and flexible working opportunities, pension scheme, performance related pay, a full healthcare scheme, childcare vouchers and free eye tests. This is an urgent requirement and we have interview availability over the coming 2 weeks.
To ensure you don’t miss out on this exciting Development Manager position in Social Housing, please reply to us today to express your interest today.