Development Manager – £56,000 – Buckinghamshire
Social Housing Recruitment have a new and exciting opportunity for a Development Manager to work with a high performing, Housing Association in the Social Housing sector. The organisation we have partnered with are a medium sized organisation who have a clear and concise development plan of building over 500 new homes every year for rent and sale.
The successful Development Manager will need to have experience of delivering on land led schemes and experience working with JCT contracts.
This is a fantastic chance to work with an organisation who care about providing high quality homes to their customers. Our client has a strong financial rating and a passion for health and safety. If this sounds like an organisation you would love to work for then please read below.
Why is this such a great opportunity?
- You will be part of a development team who have clear objectives and timelines in place.
- A charity focused organisation that change people’s lives and their life chances through their development schemes.
- Working on development plans from inception to handing over properties to tenants.
Development Manager responsibilities include:
- Managing housing projects from inception to completion ensuring on time delivery, within budget and to a high quality.
- Working closely with Technical Managers, Sales teams, Site Managers and Land teams to manage the delivery of the development project.
- Monitoring and ensuring completion of schemes are within budget.
- Carrying out risk assessments for each development project and updating the risk register accordingly whilst new risks are reported to the Head of Project Delivery.
The successful Development Manager must possess:
- Construction related qualification at degree level or equivalent.
- Membership of a professional body such as CIOB and an IOSH qualification.
- Experience of delivering a development project from inception to completion whilst demonstrating a good understanding of property and contract law as well as experience in obtaining planning permission.
- Proven ability to monitor financial performance of projects during the development process and have a good understanding of development appraisals.
In return, the successful candidate will receive a salary of £56,000. On top of this you will receive a fantastic benefits package including excellent annual leave up to 25 days which accrues with service up to 30, flexible working opportunities, pension scheme and a discretionary bonus up to 10%.
This is an urgent requirement and we have interview availability over the coming 2 weeks.
To ensure you don’t miss out on this exciting Development Manager position in Social Housing, please contact me on 01252 954 978 or email@example.com to express your interest.