The Guinness Partnership was founded in 1890 by the philanthropist Sir Edward Cecil Guinness, driven by the mission to tackle the poor state of housing conditions of those in need. We have stuck close to this original mission and have developed an innovative approach to help change the lives of its residents and those who benefit from the provision of over 65,000 properties nationwide.
We launched our new 2023 Strategy in May 2018, followed by our People and our Diversity & Inclusion Strategies, in October 2019. These provide a clear demonstration of our commitment to our customers and our people. Our Strategy is also clear about our commitment to playing our part in addressing the national housing crisis, and as a strategic partner to both Homes England and the Greater London Authority, we plan to build 10,000 new homes in the next five years.
This newly created, high profile role is hugely important for Guinness. The safety of our customers and therefore our buildings is our number one priority. This role will work across our diverse geography to ensure we take a coherent and co-ordinated approach to building safety at a time when the expectations are rightly increasing and uncertain.
This leadership position, both internally within the partnership, along with externally into industry will be responsible for developing a team and creating an overarching, robust strategy of managing property safety with the foresight to innovate in light of the current reform driven by Dame Judith Hackitt’s initial report, plus the recommendations from ‘Building a Safety Future’ and the national working groups.
While the role will have a limited team initially, we are keen to support with talented safety professionals, established maintenance and technical teams while the newly appointed individuals develops a team and structure to deliver transformational improvements.
The successful Director of Building Safety will possess:
- Excellent knowledge and experience of building safety and in particular fire safety within large property portfolios
- A track record of success of a complex technical area, translating vision into a deliverable programme within a challenging and dynamic environment
- The ability to work effectively under pressure and to manage both long and short term workstreams and priorities
- Proven experience of building, leading, managing and motivating teams both directly and indirectly
- Educated to degree level education or equivalent membership such as RICS, RIBA or MCIOB
- AIFireE Level Membership to the IFE or equivalent
With direct links to major stakeholders and the ability to make an impact from day one, this unique position will allow the individual to keep thousands of customers safe for years to come and lead a step change in the industry’s approach to how we manage our buildings.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity further, please contact our retained Advisors Principal People for an informal and confidential discussion.
01252 954 954
01252 954 951
Closing date: Thursday 2nd January