Head of Property – Bury St. Edmunds – £60,000 plus benefits
We have an exciting, new opportunity as a Head of Property, working with a renowned, rapidly expanding organisation. The organisation is looking for a Head of Property to join their Senior Management Team, with a diverse portfolio of residential properties and approximately 70 new affordable homes developed each year our client is in an exciting time of their growth.
With direction from the Operations Director the successful Head of Property will work with the Technical Services department to provide strategic asset management services and manage the association’s property portfolio.
Head of Property responsibilities include:
- Leading and being responsible for the delivery of an effective property maintenance and improvement service across all tenures. In accordance with management contracts, and any future organisations
- Delivering and implementing an annual property maintenance and improvement plan which sets out a robust programme, implementation strategy and budget for reactive repairs, cyclical maintenance, and major works across all properties
- Undertaking decent homes surveys of all properties on a rolling programme basis, devise and implement a planned maintenance programme and budget to ensure all properties meet the RSH Home Standard, including the Decent Homes Standard
- Undertaking any building/stock condition surveys and reports necessary
- Supporting the Operations Director in the purchase or disposal of properties and/or new build in terms of assessing investment requirements and viability
- Delivering a 30-year asset management plan
The successful candidate must possess:
- Experience in a similar role and will hold a relevant Building Surveying or Maintenance qualification or a minimum of 5 years’ experience
- Professional membership of RICS or CIOB or equivalent
- A track record of working in the social housing sector
- The ability to demonstrate experience of managing programmes of stock condition surveys, surveys for gas, electrical, asbestos etc
In return, the successful candidate will receive a salary of £60k plus benefits package. This is an urgent requirement and we have immediate interview availability over the coming week. To ensure you don’t miss out on this exciting Head of Property position, please reply to us today to express your interest.