Head of Technical, Design and Quality
Exciting Head of Technical, Design and Quality position available with a market leading social housing provider based out of their modern and vibrant London head office. Reporting to the Executive Director of Asset Management, the successful candidate will lead and manage their in-house technical team, whilst benefiting from a collaborative working relationship with both their design and asset management teams. The role will focus predominantly on developing deliverable solutions for both improving existing buildings through to exciting planned works.
Key responsibilities for the Head of Technical, Design and Quality role will include:
- Providing the overall technical expertise on all of the organisations properties (across design, materials and construction)
- Responsibility for ensuring that the organisation possess the critical information around the build of all their properties
- Putting action plans in place to tackle any voids in this information, ensuring it is fit for purpose
- Liaising with the Executive Team, Directors and other key stakeholders across the organisation, identifying and reporting any building risks, developing structured plans and recommendations to prioritise and mitigate these
- Overseeing the planning and delivery of any corrective actions, including a variety vast and complex projects
- Working across multi-functional teams, acting as the client and ensuring that consistency of approach is adopted in the full life cycle
- Producing clear and accurate reports for senior stake holder meetings
- Providing subject matter expert support for bid processes, to identify and address risks for tenders
The ideal individual will:
- Be a Senior technical subject matter expert, with extensive technical, quality and design expertise, gained in a social housing, construction or real estate environment
- Be a collaborative leader, able to influence at all levels across an organisation
- Have a strong architectural background, and will ideally hold a RICS, RIBA or MCIOB Membership
- Excellent leadership and communication skills, with a passion for developing team members, coaching and line management
- Have a Construction, Architectural, Building Surveying, Environmental or Engineering degree and a sound understanding of traditional and contemporary building constructional forms, materials and techniques
This role is based in London and will require travel to regional offices and sites throughout the UK as required.
What's in it for you?
You will be working for a vibrant and people focussed organisation; who truly invest in their employees, believing them to be key to their achievements and success. This is a permanent, full time role for which you will receive a highly competitive salary paying between £75-80k, plus a generous package with a genuine focus on work / life balance.
Please apply now for your chance to be considered for this fantastic opportunity.