Housing Officer – £27,000 + Benefits –South East
Social Housing Recruitment have exclusively partnered with a bespoke housing provider for vulnerable adults to recruit a Housing Officer. The organisation we are partnering with are ambitious, growing and expanding who are aiming to provide the best possible experience for their tenants.
The successful Housing Officer and will take responsibility for their own patch within the South East and will be the face of this housing association, working directly with tenants to achieve housing provision for vulnerable people.
The Housing Officer responsibilities include:
- Signing-up new tenants, preparing tenancy agreements
- Signposting tenants to welfare rights services, money advice
- Acting as advocate for tenants to ensure they can access all key internal and external services
- Undertaking regular visits to identify problems and areas of improvement for tenants
- Managing voids, housing benefits and rents to ensure rent arears are minimised
- Delivering responsive and sensitive housing management service to existing and new tenants
The successful Housing Officer must possess:
- The ability to communicate appropriately with people at all levels
- Experience of dealing with rent collection and arrears
- Experience of supporting vulnerable individuals
- Experience in a customer facing housing service role
- Knowledge of benefit assessments and applications
In return, the successful candidate will receive a basic salary of £27,000. On top of this you will receive a fantastic benefits package including company pension, annual bonus scheme, 25 days leave (plus bank holidays) increasing to a maximum of 30 days following 5 years’ service and perk box membership.
This is an urgent requirement and we have interview availability W/C 18th February.
To ensure you don’t miss out on this exciting Housing Officer position in social housing, please express your interest today!