Social Housing Recruitment have partnered with an exceptional organisation in Social Housing. Being one of the progressive and driven Housing Associations, our client is passionate about securing the finest candidate for this Major Works Surveyor role. This is an exceptional opportunity for a variety of Housing Surveyors to work within major works in a high performing organisation in the Social Housing sector.
The successful Major Works Surveyor will report to the Senior Surveyor and manage a patch of properties in the London, Kent and Sussex area, visiting at least 3 sites per week. The successful Major Works Surveyor will deal with major works and taking a project from inception to completion. You will also have autonomy to work on your own projects but, with a large team, meetings will take place monthly requiring you to go into the office.
The role is a Home-Based role giving you the responsibility to organise your own diary and be strict with your time, on the other hand this gives you the flexibility to plan your visits to major works sites.
Major Works Surveyor Responsibilities:
- Managing major and cyclical work projects ensuring affective, procurement, delivery, compliance and governance of each project.
- Assessing H&S risks in relation to CDM regulations.
- Analysing and negotiating tenders received, ensuring contracts are agreed and placed in line with the agreed budgets of the organisation.
- Prepare specifications, schedules of works, drawings, material and contract documents for tendering or pricing by contractors.
- Undertaking surveys including, condition surveys, pre and post inspections.
- Dealing with multiple contractors and acting as contract administrator and as project manager for each project reporting to the Major Works Client Manager or Senior Surveyors.
The successful Major Works Surveyor will possess:
- Minimum of HNC/HND in a relevant field.
- Substantial experience within the construction environment or similar role.
- Desirably accredited to a professional body i.e. RICS, MCIOB or RIBA.
- Desirably educated to degree level.
- Good knowledge of CDM regulations and proven success in project management tin major works from inception to completion.
- Full UK Driving Licence with access to a privately-owned vehicle.
In return, the successful candidate will receive a salary of £34,000 + Great Benefits. This is an urgent requirement and we have interview availability as early as Wednesday the 20th of March.
To ensure you don’t miss out on this exciting Major Works Surveyor position in Social Housing with a leading Housing Association, please reply to us today to express your interest today.