Operations Director – Central London - £75k - £80k plus expansive benefits package
Principal People have been exclusively retained by Dolphin Living, an innovative independent housing charity, to search for a new Operations Director.
Dolphin Living is part of Dolphin Square Charitable Foundation, an independent charity that was established with an endowment of more than £120 million in 2005.
In the last few years as an agile London based housing charity, Dolphin Living have adopted a new approach to renting across their properties, truly setting them apart from others within the housing and property sector. They recently won the prestigious Landlord of the Year award at the RESI awards, which reflects the strong reputation they have within the affordable sector, being known for new ideas and doing things differently.
With ambitious growth plans, along with their unrivalled approach to delivering discounted private rent, intermediate market rent and affordable rent services, to the people who make the City of London work, this is an exceptional opportunity for a forward thinking, passionate individual to further their career within an innovative organisation.
This role will report directly into the CEO and have regular exposure to their high-profile board including members from Peabody, The Guinness Partnership, CityWest Homes, Dorrington PLC and The Housing Finance Corporation.
Key responsibilities of this equally strategic and operational role include:
- Working with the Chief Executive, implementing strategies relating to property management, customers and target beneficiaries
- Reviewing, amending and managing an operating model for the occupied property portfolio and landlord services
- Developing and implementing processes to achieve continuous improvement of the property management function
- Overseeing the reactive maintenance service ensuring it achieves value for money and appropriately maintains assets
- Working alongside the Development Director on the handover of new build developments and liaising with many departments, including regular reports to the board and CEO
- Strategically planning and delivering capital expenditure improvement programmes using technological improvements as appropriate
- Review the performance of their assets and implement asset management strategies to make best use of their resources
The successful Operations Director will possess:
- A track record at senior or management level, gained from working in a growing and dynamic housing organisation, property manager or landlord
- Financial literacy gained through being a budget holder or managing a budget
- Experience of managing a range of stakeholder relationships, establishing shared goals in pursuing tangible delivery of agreed objectives
- Strong strategic business planning skills, able to translate strategic objectives into project delivery, preferably gained in a property, housing or asset management role
- The ability to inspire, motivate and direct a diverse and professional workforce to achieve organisational costs
With direct links to major stakeholders and the ability to make an impact from day one, this is a unique position and an incredible career opportunity. If you are interested in discussing this further, please apply today.
For further information about the role, please click the 'apply' button to be redirected to the website of Principal People, our retained recruitment advisors where you can download and review the recruitment pack. If you would like to discuss further, please contact a member of the team, Aleks Smolski 01252 954 953 or Josh Huggins on 01252 954 951 to have an informal and confidential discussion.