Social Housing Recruitment have a superb new opportunity for a Property Surveyor to work with a high performing Housing Association in the Social Housing sector covering a patch in the South. The organisation we are partnering with are one of the leading organisations providing Housing services, most of the customer base in retirement living.
With responsibility to covering a large patch in the South of Hampshire mainly, this Surveyor will have a variety of experience within Housing and able to offer high levels of team work and support through their level of experience.
The successful Property Surveyor will report into the Regional Property Service Manager delivering effective capital investment, cyclical and statutory maintenance services meeting deadlines along the way and being flexible enough to develop other members of the team with your specialisms.
Property Surveyor responsibilities include:
- Administering contracts including, capital replacements, M&E installations, cyclical refurbishments and design led decoration works.
- Working with JCT contracts, as well as preperation and production of feasibility reports, specifications of work and drawings.
- Undertaking surveying duties including, adaptations, energy efficiency, repairs and improvements, stock condition and Fire Risk Assessments.
- Inspecting aspects of compliance making sure each project is aligned with company procedures and legislation.
- Estimating project costs and delivering a budget.
The successful Property Surveyor must possess:
- HND in relevant discipline or relevant experience.
- 5+ years post qualification experience in a similar role liaising with contractors and inspecting work.
- Demonstrable experience of contract administration of major works.
- CDM Regulation experience.
- Desirable experience in energy efficiency including rdSAP calculations.
- Access to their own private vehicle with a full UK driving licence.
In return, the successful candidate will receive a salary between £38,000 and £42,000 on top of this you will receive a fantastic benefits package, including 45p per mile for the first 10,000 miles with between 8,000 and 10,000 miles projected per annum.
The successful candidate will also be enrolled on two courses, one a 4-day Fire Risk Assessment course and the other a 5-day Energy Performance Certificate course.
This is an urgent requirement and we have interview availability over the coming 2 weeks. To ensure you don’t miss out on this exciting Property Surveyor position in Social Housing, please reply to us today to express your interest.