We have an exceptional and exclusive opportunity for a Property Surveyor working with a high performing Housing Association in the Social Housing sector. The organisation we are partnering with are one of the leading Housing Associations within Social Housing who provide great quality homes with excellent customer service. They are very passionate about what they do and care about their city’s future.
The successful Property Surveyor will primarily be responsible for accurate Stock Condition surveys, Energy Assessments to domestic dwellings across the social housing portfolio, in accordance with predetermined criteria. Working autonomously as part of the wider team, the successful Property Surveyor will carry out dynamic risk assessments (HHSRS) of asset condition to cover health and safety, fire safety, security, structural integrity as well as asset condition, and to summarise and report key issues.
Property Surveyor Responsibilities:
- Providing accurate Stock Condition surveys to update stock condition data. This will include periodic audits of data accuracy and integrity to reinforce the quality of the asset management data and ensure more accurate and reliable stock condition information is held.
- Assist the Stock Condition Manager in the preparation of feasibility studies, service reviews, committee and board reports.
- To identify opportunities for stock rationalisation, disinvestment, conversion or redevelopment.
- Carry out miscellaneous property surveys, prepare schedules / specifications, and option appraisals associated with all aspects of Stock Investment.
- Undertake Dilapidation Surveys on various property types, and Asbestos re-inspection surveys on communal areas of high, medium and low-rise blocks of flats.
- Be responsible for providing accurate Stock Condition surveys to update stock condition data. This will include periodic audits of data accuracy and integrity to reinforce the quality of the asset management data and ensure more accurate and reliable stock condition information is held.
- Undertake 12-month defects / handover inspections on new build dwellings
The successful Property Surveyor must possess:
- HND / HNC level in Building Surveying or equivalent construction related qualification. (desirable)
- Flexibility to work at various locations across the city, agile working.
- Ability to undertake dynamic risk assessments.
- Knowledge of surveying within a social housing environment.
- A practical knowledge of the range of health and safety legislation affecting construction activities and lone-working etc.
- Appropriate fire safety awareness.
- A valid UK driving licence with access to their own vehicle
In return, the successful candidate will receive a salary of between £27,000 and £31,000 + benefits. This is an urgent requirement and we have interview availability over the coming 2 weeks.
To ensure you don’t miss out on this exciting Property Surveyor position in Social Housing with a Leading Housing Association, please reply to us today to express your interest today.