Quantity Surveyor - £45,000 – Permanent – Central London / South East London
Are you seeking a fresh challenge with the scope to progress in the Surveying sector?
Do you have a desire to make a difference to people’s lives whilst saving money for the company?
Are you an experienced, reliable Quantity Surveyor with experience within Property or Housing?
If so, give us a call at Social Housing Recruitment. We are currently looking for Quantity Surveyors based in London and the South East to work with a leading Housing Association in Central London. The Successful Surveyor will work on, but not limited to, residential construction, Refurbishment, New Build, contractor liaison, and to generally support the Asset Management strategy of identifying homes needing attention.
Your role will sit within the Asset Management & Strategy Team within Customer Services, you will have responsibility of a budget of around £150m per annum identifying opportunities to maximise value for money on many of the different projects and through dealing with contractors in a professional, effective way.
Key Responsibilities of a Quantity Surveyor:
- Dealing with contracts, procurement methods, and the construction and maintenance industry
- Understanding of residential construction, both refurbishment and new build
- Monitoring staff performance using KPIs and goal tracking for contractors and sub-contractors alike
- Carrying out assessments of the cost process for refurbishment jobs at the organisations Housing Stock
What the Quantity Surveyor needs, to be considered:
- Degree equivalent professional qualification (RICS, CIOB) or equivalent experience whilst in a similar role
- Experience of improvements and maintenance on refurbishment projects
- Experience of dealing with a high number of contractors regarding the work orders and maximising value for money for the organisation within refurbishments and New Build
- Experience of monitoring budgets and budget preparation
If this is of interest to you, please contact me Harry Harding on 01252 954 956 or email me email@example.com. Our client is looking to get someone in ASAP so, make sure you don’t miss out on this opportunity and get in contact today.
Look forward to your call.