Radiation and Laser Protection Officer - £38,000 - £45,000 plus 41 days leave (including bank holidays) plus exceptional pension scheme.
This position in an excellent opportunity for a talented individual seeking a new role. You will have the rare chance to work within this prestigious organisation where no two days are the same. As the Radiation and Laser Safety Officer you will be part of a cohesive and supportive team environment. The successful candidate will ideally be based in or around the City of Exeter area and happy with occasional travel to a couple of sites in Cornwall.
Why this is a great opportunity:
This is an exciting opportunity to work for an organisation well respected in its space with a fantastic reputation. They boast outstanding facilities supported by a professional and friendly team in a supportive environment. You will be provided with the necessary tools to carry out the role to the highest standards across a diverse and exciting estate with support from operational staff.
As the Radiation and Laser Safety Officer your responsibilities will include:
- Implementing and managing regulations for ionising radiation
- Controlling/monitoring security, disposal, and management of radioactive sources
- Conducting and developing audit programs in line with Environment Agency Permit conditions
- Maintaining a positive culture towards radiation safety, adopting best practical means
- The production of status reports for the purpose of governance for the organisation
The ideal Radiation and Laser Safety Officer will:
- Hold a membership of SRP (Ideally CRadP – would consider MSRP)
- Possess the Ability to work autonomously and independently as the subject matter expert
- Hold thorough up-to-date knowledge of radiation and laser safety legislation and best practice
- Be able to assist in the development and implementation of effective strategies, policies and procedures
- Hold a Bachelor of Science as a minimum with radiation protection as a major or core part of the syllabus
In return, the successful Radiation and Laser Safety Officer will be offered a salary of up to £45,000 plus 41 days leave (including bank holidays) and exceptional pension of 8.5% employee and 17% employer matched contributions.
This is an urgent requirement and we have immediate interview availability over the coming two weeks. To ensure you don’t miss out on this excellent opportunity, please reply to us today to express your interest.