Repairs Manager – West London - £44,000
Social Housing Recruitment have been exclusively retained by Octavia Housing, an innovative independent housing association, to search for a Repairs Manager.
This role will report into the Assistant Director of Asset Management and will play a leading role to manage the associations repairs and maintenance service and to motivate staff to provide the highest levels of service to its residents and communities. Octavia Housing are currently going through an exciting era of innovation and this role will be fully empowered to drive and facilitate innovation within repairs and maintenance.
With ambitious growth plans, along with their unrivalled approach to deliver sustainable housing and affordable rent services, to the people who make the City of London work, this is an exceptional opportunity to work for a forward-thinking organisation fuelled by its values.
Who are Octavia Group?
Octavia Housing was founded by Octavia Hill, a pioneer of Social Housing. The organisation is steeped in history dating back to the 1860’s when, Octavia was a co-founder of the National Trust and the first clean air campaigner for London. Her aim was to “make lives noble, homes happy and family life good”, this radiates through the company ethos and values making Octavia purposeful and very value-driven for all employees.
In more recent years, Octavia Housing have been heavily invested in numerous schemes, developments and care, including Affordable Housing, Charity Shops, Care Homes and new Development.
Octavia are a leading Social Housing Developer in London, with award winning specialists in developing energy efficient Housing within an urban context. Most notably being nominated the ‘Sustainable Housing Provider of the Year’ in 2017. Octavia provide around 5000 affordable homes, providing 650 adults with support services and 20 charity shops. In addition to this, the organisation has ambitious plans to build a further 200 homes per year.
Key responsibilities of the Repairs Manager include:
- Monitoring, motivating and managing the Repairs and Maintenance team.
- Monitoring performance of partnering contractors and ensure KPI’s around responsive repairs and voids are being met.
- Monitoring budgets with contractors, day to day repairs and voids.
- Providing customer care services to tenants and following policies and procedures in terms of complaints.
The successful Repairs Manager will possess:
- The ability to inspire, motivate and direct a diverse and professional workforce to achieve a high quality, value driven team.
- A pro-active and customer focused approach to the Repairs and Maintenance service provided.
- An innovative and dynamic view on the current Repairs and Maintenance procedures.
- Experience of managing a range of stakeholder relationships, establishing shared goals in pursuing tangible delivery of agreed objectives.
- A strong sense of social purpose with a strong sense of values to help maintain the vision and values of Octavia Hill and the Trust to help deliver a pioneering approach to supporting the community
With the ability to make an impact from day one, this is a unique position and an incredible career opportunity. If you are interested in discussing this further, please apply today.
If you would like to discuss further, please contact our retained recruitment partners Social Housing Recruitment and speak to Becky Joiner 01252 954 978 for an informal and confidential discussion.