Social Housing Recruitment have an exceptional opportunity for a Senior Building Surveyor working with a leading and high performing Housing Association in the Social Housing sector. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a leading organisation within Social Housing and a great way to progress as a focal Surveyor within an organisation.
The successful Senior Building Surveyor will act as the lead Surveyor in all surveying activities in the organisations Asset Management department, including tendering for large scale refurbishment projects and redevelopment of estates. In addition, the senior building surveyor will have responsibility to mentor more junior Surveyors and property inspectors.
This role is a fantastic opportunity to give something back to the community and to people who need high impacting customer services. Providing accommodation to thousands of people who perhaps could not afford it, a vital role that gives the successful candidate a chance to make a positive impact on the organisation’s customers and society.
Senior Building Surveyor Responsibilities:
- Coach and Develop the junior Surveyors and Property inspectors
- Completing Building Surveys, building pathology, legal disrepairs, party wall matters, stakeholder management and contract administration
- Inspecting structural repairs, large voids, investment works, disrepair, complaints and other ad hoc building projects.
- To tender documents and appointment of contractors where required, which will include specify remedial works and support the Asset Management Strategy of identifying “at risk” homes
The successful Senior Building Surveyor must possess:
- Professional Qualification (MRICS)
- Minimum qualification of an HND in Building construction or degree in Building Surveying with at least 5 years’ experience
- Experience of managing large projects from inception to completion including property alterations and or energy efficiency
- Knowledge of building contract forms of JCT and CDM 2015
- The ability to prepare specifications and undertake inspections and report against HHSRS
- Access to private car and UK driving licence
In return, the successful candidate will receive a salary of between £55,000 and £60,000 + benefits. This is an urgent requirement and we have interview availability over the coming 2 weeks.
To ensure you don’t miss out on this exciting Senior Building Surveyor position in Social Housing with a Leading Housing Association, please reply to us today to express your interest today.