Tenancy Sustainment Officer – £28,000 - £31,000 + 1,200 Car Allowance – Surrey
Social Housing Recruitment have a new and exciting opportunity for a Tenancy Sustainment Officer to work with an award-winning housing association. The organisation we are partnering with are ambitious, expanding and wanting to make a difference to the local community.
The successful Tenancy Sustainment Officer will take responsibility for managing and providing practical advice, information, and support on a wide range of topics including personal finance, employment, and computer skills, leading to independence for tenants.
Why is it a great opportunity?
- The organisation is committed to making positive changes to the community by providing affordable quality homes.
- To work for a customer focused, diverse, inclusive, and supportive workforce who support learning and development opportunities.
- They are an organisation who have clear and concise communication and strategy goals.
The Tenancy Sustainment Officer responsibilities include:
- Improving the financial confidence of tenants including budgeting and money management skills
- Providing advice and support regarding welfare benefits and general financial support service to tenants.
- Ensuring income maximisation for tenants through the take up of benefit and general debt advice.
- Maximising rent collection through discussions with tenants and making repayment arrangements.
The successful Tenancy Sustainment Officer must possess:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience of providing welfare advice and debt advice.
- A relevant housing, welfare benefit or financial inclusion qualification. (Desirable)
In return, the successful candidate will receive a salary between £28,000 - £31,000 + £1,200 car allowance. On top of this, you will receive a fantastic benefits package including 25 days annual leave rising with service, opportunities for learning and career development and a choice of flexible benefits.
To discuss further, please contact Social Housing Recruitment and speak to Becky Joiner 02037622793 for an informal and confidential discussion or email firstname.lastname@example.org